SEO is referred to as search engine optimization. It is one of the best techniques to get the targeted traffic to a website from a search engine’s organic rankings. We do SEO to improve the visibility of a website or a web page on the SERP (Search Engine Result Pages). There are some of the common tasks in SEO which include creating high-quality content, optimizing content according to our specific keywords, and building backlinks. In other words: SEO is completely about improving the ranking of the site organically in search results. For this, we use several SEO techniques such as code using Html, script, etc.
How Search Engine Works:
Now it’s time to learn how search engines such as Google work. When you search any word or anything in Google, an algorithm works in real-time to get you what that search engine considers the “best” result. Google scans its index of billions of pages to find a set of results that will best suitable for your search.
Here are some important factors websites and web pages are ranked based on:
- Relevancy: If you search for “Barber Shop”, you don’t want to see web pages about cars or bikes. Then Google firstly look for the pages that are closely related to your search or keyword.
- Authority: Authority is refers to the “strength” of the website. It’s Google’s way of determining if the content of the website is qualified, accurate and trustworthy.
- Usefulness: Content can be relevant and authoritative. But if it’s not useful, Google will not consider positioning that content at the top of the search engine result pages. Even, Google has publicly said that there is the difference between “high quality content” and “useful content”.
How SEO Works:
Search engines use bots to crawl pages on the web, by crawling going from site to site, gathering information about all the pages, and putting them in an index. SEO works by optimizing your site with all guidelines and right protocols for the search engine that you want to rank for, whether it’s Google, Bing, etc. Search ranking factors can be considered representations and based on the user experience. For example, content quality optimizing your site and content with these factors in mind can help your pages rank higher in the search results. Main points to remember for SEO:
- Content Quality: Identify and remove duplicate content which means content on site should be simple, appropriate, and easy to understand by the audience.
- Keyword Research: Complete preliminary keyword research
- Navigation: Check navigation of your website which means the content and the path should not be confusing for the audience and users who are using the site.
- Responsive design: It means that the design should look good because most people are now using mobiles so that for mobile search it is essential for your website to looks good on a small screen.
- Crawl ability and Mobile-friendliness are important sites architecture factors.
- Create a local search account so that you can easily connect with the users local to local. You can easily market in the local area.
- Follow the SEO industry and news blogs.
Most Important SEO Tasks:
- On-Page SEO: On-Page is also known as “On-site SEO” and it is one of the most important factors in SEO. On-page plays an important role for your page’s ability to rank if optimized properly. Our On-page SEO Guide contains the full list of important tasks for On-Page SEO. On-Page SEO is the practice of optimizing the content for every single web page of the website for search engines and users. Some common on-page SEO tasks include optimizing title tags, content, internal links, alt tags, and URLs.
- Off-Pages SEO: Off-Pages SEO is also known as “Off-site SEO” and it also one of the important factors of SEO that performs outside of your website to impact your rankings within Search engine result pages. Link building is a very important part of this, but it goes way beyond that. Our Off-Page SEO Guide includes all the information and tasks for Off-Page SEO that helps you to get the best ranking of your keywords on Google.